Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Maybelline Colorsensational Vivids in Vibrant Mandarin

Hello lovelies, hope that your week has been going spectacularly! Mine has been pretty decent, it's nice to be posting again after my little vacation. Today I have a review of one of he new(ish) colors from Maybelline Colorsensational Vivids line, and this is my first time using any of the Vivids. These sell for around $5 here in the US, which is pretty reasonable in my opinion.


These come in the same square tube that all of Maybelline Colorsensational lipsticks come in, the top being made of plastic and the actual tube is metal. The top for all the Vivids are orange red, though this is almost the exact same color as this particular lipstick. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging for these as I've had bad experiences with the plastic on other Colorsensational cracking. I haven't had any issues with this one yet, but it's something to keep in mind.


There are 10 different colors available in the Vivids line, and they are all very bright and totally awesome colors. I decided to go with Vibrant Mandarin as I have never really played with orange based lipstick and it seemed like a fun choice outside my usual comfort zone.


This looks really pink for whatever reason in the picture, but the color is like an orange/red/coral type color. It kind of reminds me of a blood orange if you're familiar with that particular fruit. I was thinking of getting Electric Orange which is a super bright orange, but this was just a little closer to my comfort zone. I can only step out so far, haha.


This lipstick swatched really well. Like really well. It glided on really smooth and the pigmentation is phenomenal. It has a very shiny finish, like they were trying to go for a satin finish and overshot. Or maybe like a super pigmented lip gloss.. Either way, mega shiny with a lot of super bright color with a very creamy and hydrating feel. Most excellent I should say.


I didn't have any issues applying this lipstick because, as I said before, it glides on really smooth. You can build the color up to some crazy brightness or you can apply lightly for a barely there wash of color. So it's rather versatile, which is pretty awesome for a color this bright. For whatever reason this looks really light in the close up shots I've got (probably from the flash..) so I am going to include a picture of the whole face as well because it is a bit darker than it shows here.


And yes, this is one of the pictures from my FOTD post from yesterday. But in my defense so as not to be called lazy, I did that particular makeup look because I wanted to review this lipstick and didn't actually plan on making it into a FOTD post, but my crazy refusing to sleep daughter made a full review impossible for me last night.
But back to the lipstick... It glides on and has gorgeous pigmentation, and it also hydrates the lips rather than dry them out like many other bright lipsticks do. These are all really great things that I totally love about this lipstick. Unfortunately, it's not all good news for this lipstick. It fades really fast and it's definitely not smudge proof. I started noticing the fading of the color pretty quickly, so one hour after applying I decided to take another photo so you guys could see just how much it fades.


It went from gorgeous and bright to dull and almost non existent in one hour. I didn't eat during that hour, just drank from my water and smoked a cigarette. This much fading after so little activity in one hour is really bad in my book. On the upside, it does fade to an attractive color, it's just not the color you hoped to keep. And I watched the clock and after 3 hours of wear, the color was pretty well gone entirely. So if you purchase one of these, expect to be reapplying regularly.

Overall, I do really like this lipstick. Yes, it does fade like what, but the color is gorgeous and it makes my lips feel really nice. And I might be crazy, but I swear my lips are softer the day after wearing this lipstick than they usually are.
So will I repurchase this product? Most definitely. I want to scoop up a few more of these lipsticks ASAP so I can compare results. There are a TON of gorgeous colors in this line and I really don't have a huge variety of lipsticks.
Would I recommend this product? Sure. It's not my favorite lipstick ever or anything, but it's reasonably priced and it looks nice. You just have to reapply a lot.

I would love to hear any of your own experiences with this line, so please do drop a comment below! I read every single comment and do my best to respond to them quickly. Thanks for stopping by and reading my rambles! Til next time!


8 comments:

  1. A very nice color, very fresh. And fits you perfect.

    Glamupyourlifestyle.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It really is a great color for summer. :)

      Delete
  2. Girl, that color looks absolutely amazing on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the perfect color for the summer! I'd love to find a nailpolish in that exact shade!!
    xoxo
    Coco et La vie en rose
    Coco et La vie en rose on Bloglovin
    Coco et La vie en rose on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great summer color. And now I'm going to be keeping my eye out for a nail polish in this shade! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete