Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paints

For Easter my friend Stefi sent me a goody basket chocked full of awesomeness from the UK, including 2 Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paints. I had heard some pretty awesome things about these nail paints from various bloggers, and was really excited to give them a go. These sell for £3.99 each at BarryM.com.

Disclaimer: I received these products as a gift from a personal friend. No one is paying me or otherwise compensating me for my opinion; this is all me.

So without further ado, BarryM!

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in GNP 11 - Dragon Fruit
This first color is GNP 11 Dragon Fruit. Dragon Fruit is a light pastel-ish pink color that I find very appropriate for spring. The formula for this line has a surprisingly nice consistency, it's not too thick, not too thin. And it smooths over the nails well, so it's very easy to apply. I've found that the Dragon Fruit is a touch thinner than the green polish I have, so to be truly opaque I need 3 coats of polish. But I also apply polish very thin so that it dries quickly as I have zero patience for waiting for my polish to dry between coats. And in this picture I applied only 2 coats of each polish, and even though the pink isn't totally opaque it's close enough for me. And there is no top coat on my nails in these pictures, so yeah this stuff is seriously hi-shine!! I love how glossy this polish is!

BarryM Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in GNP 12 - Green Berry
And the second color is in GNP 12 Green Berry. Now I have no clue where the people at BarryM came up with the name Green Berry, because this is more of a dark mint in my opinion, but regardless of the name this color is fucking AMAZING! Like seriously, I'm in total and complete love with this color as is my daughter. It's a great spring/summer color, and it's not like all my other polish colors. It's unique, and I love it. And the formula for this polish is a bit thicker and more pigmented than the Dragon Fruit, so 2 coats and it's opaque. But it's still very easy to apply and smooths over my nails without issue. And again it has that mad hi-shine that I love. No need for a top coat here!

So I would have to say that over all I LOVE these nail paints!! I would recommend them to anyone and I'm hoping to get a few more in the future. I have a friend going on a trip to the UK in a few months and this is so going on the list of stuff that I want her to pick up for me.
So have any of you tried these Gelly Nail Paints? What was your thought on them and what colors did you try? I'd love to hear back from ya ladies!! Til next time!


9 comments:

  1. ooh, jealous! lol I've been thinking I might have to get myself a few of these. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are awesome!! I so want more of the colors, it's too bad that they don't sell Stateside. :/

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Omg me too! And my daughter is all about it as well. She keeps taking it and asking me to paint her nails with it.

      Delete
  3. I totally agree with you!

    Stefi xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much for sending me these!! They're my new favorite polishes, and I am definitely going to be having my friend pick up some more of them on her next trip to the UK.

      Delete
    2. No problem at all, thank you for sending me my lovely stuff too.

      I have rather a few of these myself now (6 to be exact) I just cant keep away from them haha.

      Stefi xx

      Delete
  4. I love these colours, I have the red shade of this brand it's lovely, love the high gloss finish.

    Lyndsay ♡
    Fizzy Peaches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These colors are perfect for spring and I am so glad I got to give these a try. There are a couple of darker shades that I'm going to have my friend pick up for me this fall. I'm so bummed I can't pick these up at my local drugstore.

      Delete