Friday, April 5, 2013

Art Hop FOTD

Today I'm going to the April Art Hop with a few of my friends, and I'm really looking forward to it as I've never been before. My basic understanding is that Art Hop consists of art, free food and free booze with a bunch of hipsters scattered about. Very scene, haha.. But anyway.. Since I'm going out on the town I ended up getting dolled up, and I figured I would share my look with you guys. Fair warning, there are a lot of pictures in this post! Today was just so beautiful that I really wanted to get some pictures outside, but it was so sunny my eyes were all squinty in most of them so I had to take indoor pics as well. Hope you like it, and as always I will list the products used under the pictures.




Face Products Used: e.l.f. Essentials All Over Cover Stick in Apricot Beige; NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Mont Blanc; Pink blusher and silver illuminator from the Sephora Collection LE Color Daze Blockbuster makeup palette; e.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Cream - only the bronzer.





Eye Products Used: e.l.f. Essentials Eyelid Primer in Sheer; shimmery light pink eyeshadow, shimmery green eyeshadow, and matte white eyeshadow from the Sephora Color Daze Blockbuster makeup palette; Sephora Collection Long Lasting 12 HR Wear Eyeliner in Glitter Black; Sephora Collection Full Action Extreme Effect Mascara in Black.

 

Lip Products Used: Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense in 15 - pearly violet; Collection 2000 Lock n Hold Lip Gloss in Body Pop 1.

Well, I hope you guys liked this look. I was going for a nice subtle wash of color that screamed spring and I think I captured that pretty well. And on an unrelated note, while I was outside I noticed that my magnolia tree has started budding!! I love my magnolias and I can't wait until they're in bloom and I'll probably have tons of pictures of them when they're ready, so be prepared. I really love flowers..
I did leave my eyebrows natural today, mostly because I forgot to do them while I was doing my eye makeup and was too lazy to pull my eye stuffs back out to finish up the look. But I think it worked for the look I was going for.
I hope you guys have a lovely day and get to enjoy this great spring weather if it's made it to your region. But I have to stop rambling because my friends are going to be here any minute to take me to Art Hop. Til next time!


15 comments:

  1. I like that lip color. I am still thinking should I get MUFE lipstick:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would highly recommend it. Their lipstick's are a bit pricey, but so worth it. The color payoff is phenomenal.

      Delete
  2. We don't have Spring yet :( it's sad, it was snowing again yesterday :(
    But when I look at your sunny pictures and makeup it really feels like Spring;)

    Enjoy your Art Hop ;)

    http://makeupdemon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, that's such a bummer. :( I hope you get some nice spring weather soon!! Glad my sunny pictures helped you feel a little bit of the spring. :)
      And I had a fabulous time at Art Hop! So nice to see my friends and get out and enjoy this weather.

      Delete
  3. I like your natural make up and I like your blog. What do you think about, following each other? Le me know I follow back

    Glamupyourlifestyle.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love doing natural makeup with subtle colors on my eyes, and of course my winged liner. :) I really love my liner.
      And I checked out your blog and I would love to follow each other.
      Thanks for stopping by!!! xx

      Delete
  4. Thank you, I followed

    Glamupyourlifestyle.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love elf products. I am definitely going to try out the all over cover stick.
    Tara
    Penniless Socialite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really great for hiding blemishes and under eye circles. I absolutely love it!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks! I love my winged liner, it's a staple in my makeup routine. :)

      Delete
  7. I am loving your makeup and that necklace, so pretty!
    -Vogue&Heels
    vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got that necklace from my mom last year and it's one of my favorites.

      Delete