Thursday, February 7, 2013

Liebster Blog Award

So today I was browsing through my reading list and as it would turn out, I was nominated for a Liebster Blog Award by one of my favorite bloggers KewTeePye. First off, I would like to throw out a huge thanks to you KewTeePye for thinking of me for one of your nominations, it really made my day.
 
Now, for those of you wondering what a Liebster Award is, it's an award that is given to bloggers who don't have a lot of followers. There's no real criteria as to who can get an award, you just have to be nominated by a fellow blogger.
Now when I saw that I had been nominated I decided to look up the award and see what it's about. And basically it's kind of a mix of the game telephone and a chain letter. I've noticed that the rules for the award vary depending on who got it and when they got it.
The rules I received said that I needed to answer the 11 questions that the person who nominated me asked, nominate 5 of my favorite bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, and post 11 questions for them to answer on their Liebster Award post.
However I've seen variations on these rules; some say to post 11 things about you along with the questions, some say to nominate 11 bloggers, and there are variations on how many followers the bloggers you nominate can have.
I'm doing the 11 things about me, 11 questions, and 5 nominations. I figure that most of my readers know nothing about me, so this is your chance to learn a little.

Okay! Let's start with the 11 things about me.
1. I'm a 25 year old female.
2. I'm married and we have an awesome 2 year old daughter named Penny Lane. Yes, after the Beatles song.
3. I'm a 2 time beauty school drop out.
4. My favorite smokes are Newport 100s in the green pack.
5. I'm epileptic and thanks to my awesome doctors I haven't had a seizure in 3 years.
6. I have a dog and 2 cats that I take way too many pictures of. Eventually I'd like to get a goat as well, but that's down the road a ways.
7. I almost never wear makeup in real life. Like, I wear mascara and maybe eyeshadow/eyeliner.
8. If I had to pick only one dish to eat for the rest of my life it would be curry.
9. The one place that I'd really like to visit before I die is England.
10. My favorite video game is Sid Meier's Civilization V.
11. I didn't realize how boring I was until I tried to think up 11 things about myself.


And now the 11 questions that KewTeePye asked me.
1. How many foundations do you own and why did you buy them?
I own 2 liquid foundations, Sephora Collection Advanced Definition Foundation in Light and Maybelline Shine Free Oil-Control Makeup in Ivory. I bought the Maybelline one years ago and never really used it because it was a little too light for my skin. So I bought the Sephora foundation because it was one shade darker than ivory and wouldn't you know it was just a little too dark. So I mix them together for my perfect shade. I also have a pressed powder, Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Light, and I use this to set concealer under my eyes. And I have Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation in Ivory 2 which is what I use as a day to day foundation as it's very sheer coverage and doesn't look cakey. I also use it to set my liquid foundation when I'm doing pictures for you guys.
Ivory+Light=Me
2. Who is your favorite fashion designer?
I don't really have one. I don't really follow fashion, I just like what I like.
3. What is your favorite color of nail varnish?
Revlon Strawberry Electric
4. What's your favorite makeup brand and why?
Probably Sephora Collection. I've never had a bad experience with their products and they aren't that expensive when compared to other high end brands. Plus they do a lot of palettes and collections, and I love that stuff. I like having a variety of things to play with.
5. Tell me your favorite book!
"The Stranger" by Albert Camus
6. What magazines do you read?
I don't generally read magazines, but when I do it's usually BabyTalk or Cosmo
7. Why did you start your blog?
I started my blog because I needed some "me" space. I was working, going to school, and being mom/wife when I started this blog and I really needed some place where I could focus on me and what I like to do.
8. The worst products you have used and why?
e.l.f. Essentials Lengthening and Defining mascara. It was really just all around terrible; the product applied inconsistently, it looked awful, the product was very heavy and felt waxy. Check out my full opinion here. The second worst product is probably e.l.f. Essentials Duo Cream Eye Shadow. It felt greasy, creased like crazy and was super smudgy. Click here for the full details.
9. Best fashion stores to shop in.
I don't do a lot of clothes shopping, I'm a jeans and tee shirt kinda girl, but when I do shop I usually hit Forever 21, Vanity, and if I have a decent amount of cash to spend, Express.
10. The type of mobile phone you have.
A really old Samsung, I can't remember the actual model. It has one of those slidey keyboards. Idk.
11. The color of your bedroom.
Umm... beige? I have like no decorating scheme in there, it's pretty much a hot mess. But a lot of tan, beige and off white..

Alrighty! Now for my nominees!! *insert drum roll*

Girl, Uninterrupted
Brainverse
Denna Michelle
For The Love Of Blog
Glittery Teacups

And for you lovely ladies, my 11 questions.

1. What kind of makeup brushes do you prefer?
2. What's one band/musician you couldn't live without?
3. What about blogging do you enjoy the most?
4. What do you like the least about blogging?
5. What's your favorite movie?
6. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
7. What's the first thing you notice when you meet someone?
8. If you could go anywhere, money was no object, where would you go?
9. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
10. What's your favorite color?
11. Why do you love makeup?

And so there's no confusion, you just copy this picture of the award and paste it on your Liebster Award post, tell us 11 things about you, answer my questions, nominate 5 of your favorite blogs with under 200 followers, and ask them 11 questions of your own.
And one last time, thanks so much KewTeePye for nominating me!!! And I'll leave you guys with this:
This is my kitty Chester, and he's a boss yo. Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment