Friday, February 8, 2013

EOTD - The Monarch

I was feeling a little creative last night and decided to start playing around with my makeup. I was thinking about doing a peacock inspired look as I have a TON of blues, greens, teal and gold, and it just wasn't coming together how I wanted it to. Then I wonkered up my eyeliner, got mad and ended up coloring my entire lid black. This look stemmed from that, and it really reminds me of Monarch butterflies. I'm not doing a full tutorial, but basically I sketched the design out with my eye liner and filled it in with a black shimmer powder and filled the empty space with yellow orange and gold.


Products I used: Sephora Collection Long-Lasting 12HR Wear Eye Liner in black; e.l.f. Essentials Brightening Eye Liner Pencil in black; the matte black, black with blue shimmer, yellow, matte white, and orange eye shadows from my Sephora LE Color Daze Blockbuster Makeup Palette; both the gold and the white shimmer eyeshadow top coats from the Color Daze Palette; Clinique's High Lengths Mascara in black.





I had a ton of fun doing this one, and was quite pleased with the way it turned out. I do see a few spots in the brow that I didn't fill properly, but the lighting in my living room is pretty awful for doing makeup so I was pretty surprised the look turned out well at all. 
I hope you guys enjoyed this look as much as I did, and feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. And don't forget to visit KalamityJane on Facebook, I post additional pictures there and it's a great way to get a hold of me. Til next time!

2 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow! Now seriously lovely this blows my mind it's so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I had so much fun doing this, I'm going to have to do more like it. :)

      Delete