Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wishful Thinking FOTD

So as many of my readers know, my daughter and I have been sick, therefor absent, for a few days in effort to recuperate. We still aren't at 100% over here health wise, but after my shower tonight I felt up to doing a little something for you.
The weather here in Michigan went totally crazy yesterday and we went from 12 degree crazy blizzard weather to 60 degree super awesome thunderstorms today. It's totally insane and it has everyone, including myself, wistfully thinking of spring. So in the spirit of spring, I decided to do a pretty look to remind me of the season I love. A list of the products I used will be at the end of the post.
When creating this look I was really looking to capture the softer more delicate colors of spring which makes this a very wearable look. And being that the great and mighty beauty gods at Pantone said the color of the year is emerald green, I figured it fit my theme well and should most definitely have a place in this look. And I would just like to say that I am very pleased with emerald green being the color of the year and can't wait until the Sephora+Pantone Universe color of the year palettes come out. I haven't heard anything on it yet, but my ears and eyes are open.

Disclaimer: I purchased this product with my own funds, I am not being paid or compensated by the company in question. My opinions are entirely my own.


Face Products: Sephora Collection Perfecting Ultra-Smoothing Primer - $15 USD; Maybelline Shine Free Oil Control Makeup in Ivory - this is no longer on the market, but it's my foundation in the pic, sry; Bella Bamba by Benefit Cosmetics - $28 USD; Clinique True Bronze Pressed Powder Bronzer in Sunkissed - $25 USD (I got mine in one of their deluxe sample palettes that they give away when you apply for a credit card..); Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation in Ivory 2 - $18 USD.
Eye Products: e.l.f. Essentials Eyelid Primer in Sheer - $1 USD  Pink. light pink, and purple shimmer eye shadows from the Sephora Collection Color Daze Blockbuster makeup palette - $49.50 USD, though it is no longer available; The emerald green cream eye liner is also from the Sephora Color Daze palette, Sephora Collection Full Action Extreme Effect Mascara in Black - $15 USD; e.l.f. Essentials Eye Widener in White - $1 USD; and a Neutral Brown from the Sephora Color Daze palette to fill the brows.
Lip Products: e.l.f. Essentials Lip Stain in Nude Nectar - $2 USD topped with NYC New York Color Liquid Lipshine in Nude York City - $2.49 USD

And pictures of the products. I forgot to include the lip colors in these pics, so if you want to see them you'll have to check the links above.
Eye Colors Used
The shadow I used in my brows
 I hope you like this look, I really do. It's something I could see myself actually wearing. I don't generally wear heavy makeup when I go out, so I definitely favor the softer colors. Feel free to drop a comment below, I read all my comments and do my best to reply to them all. And if you like what you saw here, please subscribe and don't forget to Like KalamityJane on Facebook. Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment