Tuesday, January 15, 2013

MAC Cosmetics Lip Pencil

Today for your reading pleasure, I am reviewing MAC Cosmetics Lip Pencil in Embrace Me. This product sells for $15 USD at MAC Cosmetics. Not gonna lie, I totally got this pencil to go under my Fuchsia lip glaze from e.l.f. If you want to check out the lip glaze (I do use it later in the review) click here. 

Disclaimer: I purchased these products with my own personal funds, I am not being paid or compensated by the company in question. My opinions are totally my own.

As always we start with the outer packaging. It's flat black cardboard with the MAC logo and the product name on the front with the pencil color displayed on one end of the box. The cardboard is, as I expect from MAC at this point, quite sturdy. This is actually something I quite like for a lip pencil simply because it is a pencil, and pencils aren't exactly difficult to break.
The pencil design is pretty standard, and comes with MAC's standard and simple color scheme. The lid is a nice solid plastic, so I'm not worried about breaking it, which is always a plus. But the real showstopper here is the pigment, not the pencil design, so let's move on.
The texture of this pencil is heavenly. It glides on without any caking or inconsistency that you sometimes see in lip pencils. It's not moisturizing or anything, it is a lip pencil after all, but it doesn't suck the moisture out of your lips either. And the color is phenomenal! It is highly pigmented, and long wearing which leads me to believe that this pencil will last me a long time. And it's a beautiful shade of fuchsia, a very vivid blue-pink. But you don't have to take my word for that, I have a picture.
This is just the lip pencil, no gloss, no lipstick, no lip primer. And it is gorgeous! I wore this color for quite a bit of time with no color loss. It did stain my lips a little, just a tiny bit though. I'm sure if you took the time to properly prime your lips or apply a concealer, there would be no staining, but the staining really just isn't bad enough for me to bother.
This is the finished lip with the lip pencil and my e.l.f fuchsia lip glaze over top. Personally, I love it. I think the color is fantastic, and my lips look healthy, not cakey. I am very very pleased.
So my overall opinion on this product? It's amazing. This is by far the best lip pencil I have ever used. $15 USD seems like a lot, but this pencil is going to last for quite some time and it's just so lovely. I am very happy with this purchase.
Would I recommend this product? Oh yeah. It's easy to work with, it's long wearing, and it doesn't dry out the lips.
Will I repurchase? Yes I will. I'll repurchase this color when it's running low, and I'll probably be buying some of the other colors as well. And, I forgot to mention this before, but there are 30 different colors available, so if pink's not your thing there's a slue of other shades to choose from.
I hope you enjoyed my review, and please please please drop a comment below! I love hearing from my readers and I really do want to know how you guys feel about my posts and what you would like to see me doing. And if you haven't yet, please subscribe. It makes me all happy and feels and stuff. Til next time!





No comments:

Post a Comment