Tuesday, January 22, 2013

e.l.f. Essentials Lengthening & Defining Mascara

So today I have for you another one of my e.l.f. stocking stuffer reviews! This review is e.l.f. Essentials Lengthening & Defining Mascara in Black Brown. I was pretty excited to try this product as it is only $1 USD, and most mascara is at least 5x that expensive, so yay saving money!
 
Disclaimer: I purchased these products with my own personal funds, I am not being paid or compensated by the company in question. My opinions are totally my own.
 
So let's start this off with the packaging. Not much to say here, the logo and product name are clearly stated on the tube in silver lettering. That's about it. But for a dollar, I really don't expect much more.
And this is where things start going downhill. The wand. The design is simple, to put it lightly. There are huge grooves in it instead of lots of little bristles to help separate and define lashes. And if you can't tell, the product itself goops all up in the grooves and on the wand. And just so ya know, it does the same thing on your lashes. Goop goop goop goop goop.
The color is the only thing about this that is spot on. It is the perfect black brown color. Unfortunately, it applies inconsistently and again it goops all over the place! And if you can't see the inconsistency in the swatch, check out the real deal.
Notice here how some of the lashes are clumped together in nastiness whereas some of the lashes are barely coated? Yeah, mega fail on that one. And this was after 2 coats. Also there's no lengthening going on here. And the only defining is in the nasty clumpy bits.
I would also like to touch on the feel of the product; it's miserable. It seriously felt like I dipped my eye lashes in candle wax. I have never had a mascara that felt this gross. It felt heavier on my eyes than false lashes and when the product dried (which took quite some time) they felt like a Barbie doll's fingers; hard but still semi-pliable. Definitely not good.
Overall, I hate this mascara. The color is spot on and it does last a decent amount of time, though nothing extraordinary. But everything, and do seriously mean everything else about it absolutely sucks. I hated wearing it, I hate the way it looks, and taking it off was a pain in the butt too.
I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone and I will never repurchase. It's terrible. Don't buy it.
I hope that you enjoyed this review, or at least got a good piece of advice. Feel free to leave a comment below, subscribe or Like me on Facebook. Til next time!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment