Friday, December 7, 2012

Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes!

When I last ordered from Sephora they had a promo going on for one free deluxe sample, and I decided to try out Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes! in black.
Disclaimer: I purchased this product with my own funds, I am not being paid or compensated by the company in question. My opinions are entirely my own.
It comes in a cute purple snake skin patterned tube and everything is clearly labeled, which is nice.
The brush is rather thick but not fat with tons of little bristles to help separate the lashes. The formula for the mascara is nice as well. It's easy to build on so you can do multiple coats with minimal clumping, and the color is a pretty solid black.
As you can see, this product does a nice job separating the lashes and applies quite evenly. I used about 3 coats on the top lashes and one super light coat on the bottom lashes. I love how versatile this mascara can be! The light coat on the bottom lashes appears super soft and subtle, whereas the thick coated top lashes are super dramatic and defined. I noticed a small amount of curling after I applied the mascara, but nothing out of this world. But it does do a nice job thickening and lengthening my lashes which is more important to me than curl.
And if you're curious, I applied Limelight by Urban Decay all over the lid, a little bit of my e.l.f. highlighter to the brow, and used my Sephora Collection Long Lasting 12HR Wear Eye Liner along the upper lash line winging it out not once but 3 times and then halfway across the lower lash line winging it out and connecting the lower and upper lash line. I used a random pencil liner on my water line.
So yeah, I love this mascara and would definitely recommend it to others. Til next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment