Friday, December 14, 2012

Silver Eye Tutorial

I have been noticing a lot of gold eye looks lately, so I thought I would go the other route and do a silver eye look.
I started this look with a good primer all over the face followed by liquid foundation that matches my skintone. *Tip* When applying your foundation, use downward strokes following the grain of any little hairs you might have on your face, this will prevent foundation "mustaches."
After the foundation I applied a primer to the eye, covering the lid up to the brow. I then took my silver cream liner from my Sephora Color Daze Blockbuster makeup palette and applied it all over the lid and used the silver eye top coat (also from the Sephora palette) on top of the silver liner. I cut the crease with a very light application of a black cream liner (Sephora palette again) which I started from the lower lash line to make sure that my angles were nice and even. I took the liner up from the lower lash line to the "wing" and then took it about halfway through the crease. I topped the black liner with Gunmetal from Urban Decay and then blended it through the entire crease and slightly into the silver to soften the lines. I also took the Gunmetal on the lower lash line. Then I applied a shimmery white to the brow bone for a highlight and blended it slightly with the Gunmetal.
To finish the eye, I applied a super thin line of black cream liner along the upper lash line, applied a few coats of black mascara (I used Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes!), and filled the brows.
After the eye is finished, I finish the face. That way if I drop a lot of shadow I don't have to start the face from scratch. I started by applying a pressed powder all over the face to help set the foundation. This also helps eliminate shine if you have issues with that. My super dry skin makes for no shine. Then I applied a pink blush on the apples of the cheek (I used Bella Bamba by Benefit) and a silver luminizer from my Sephora palette (again!) on the top of the cheek bone. Then just a light pink lipstick and a pink lip gloss and I'm done!
I hope you guys enjoyed this look, I know I did. Please comment and let me know what you like/dislike about this one. Til next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment