Monday, December 31, 2012

e.l.f. Essentials Eye Widener

So for a while now I've been wanting a white eyeliner to brighten up my lower water line, and when it came time to play Santa I just couldn't resist e.l.f. Essentials Eye Widener in White.
Disclaimer: I purchased this product with my own funds, I am not being paid or compensated by the company in question. My opinions are entirely my own.
This pencil comes with a built in sharpener in the lid which I have used and it works quite well.
Now to the product itself. I have mixed feelings about this formula. It shows up well on my arm for the swatch, nicely pigmented, bright, very awesome. But when I put this on my water line, it kind of fell flat. It did brighten my eye a bit, but the pigmentation disappeared unless I caked it on which totally irritated my eyes and left more color on my lashes than the water line. So not what I was expecting...
It's an okay product at best. In this picture I had to use 3 coats of the white liner and it's a visible white. One coat does brighten the eye a bit but it's not like white, just kind of glisteny.
I do think that the pencil would be good for costume style makeup or maybe a brow highlight, but it really just doesn't do it for me as an eye widener which is what it's made to be. I suppose at $1 USD, I shouldn't really expect much, but I have had such good luck with so many of e.l.f.'s products that this was really a disappointment.
Would I recommend this product? Probably not. Will I repurchase? No. Definitely no. But I'm sure I can find a use for this product, but it won't be on my water line.
I hope you enjoyed this review, and as always feel free to drop a comment below. I would love to know if anyone else has had similar results with this product or if I just got a bunk liner. Til next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment