Thursday, December 27, 2012

e.l.f. Essentials All Over Cover Stick

Day 2 of my e.l.f. stocking stuffer posts!!! Today I'm starting with e.l.f. Essentials All Over Cover Stick. Up to this point I did not have a proper full coverage concealer, so I was pretty excited to get this and give it a try. I am often hesitant about buying facial products online because most foundations and such tend to be too yellow or orange for my skin. But e.l.f. actually has a pretty large color selection for their skin products, and I decided to try the cover stick (it's only a dollar) in Apricot Beige.
Disclaimer: I purchased this product with my own funds, I am not being paid or compensated by the company in question. My opinions are entirely my own.
So let's get started with what the packaging says about the product. "Smooths and protects skin while camouflaging problem facial areas; Full coverage under eye and facial spot concealer; Infused with active skin polymers; Smooth, flawless application; Will not crease when blending properly with e.l.f. Professional Blending Brush." I'm pretty sure that any blending brush would work.. Product placement much? And as far as active skin polymers go, I am clueless.
As far as the packaging goes, it's plastic. It twists up. Has a clear plastic lid to go with it. Not much to say.
Here's a swatch of the concealer, I know you can barely see it, but that is kind of the point. It is full coverage, which is good (duh), and it does go on quite smooth and I haven't had any issues with creasing thus far. And I love this color. It matches my skin so well, which is just awesome. Also, it is scented and it smells just like orange sherbet. The scent is in no way overpowering, just pleasantly there.
In this photo I used the concealer under my eyes, I did NOT finish it with a powder, just blended it out with a brush. I didn't apply it liberally or anything, I found that a little went quite a long way. Also pretty awesome.
So overall this is nice product. It's easy to use, does what it's supposed to, and comes in 7 different colors from fair to dark. And as I mentioned earlier it's only $1 USD!!! I'm sure there are nicer concealers out there, but I doubt that there any that are this nice for this price. I'm sure that I will get a lot of good use from this product, and I will probably buy this again. Hope you enjoyed this review, and as always feel free to drop a comment below. Til next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment