Wednesday, December 26, 2012

e.l.f. Essential Lipstick Review

Okay, I have a TON of stuff to review thanks to my lovely family feeding my makeup habit this Christmas. I got the Sephora palette from my husband, which is old news now, a $60 gift card for MAC cosmetics thanks to my lovely mother, and a stocking FULL of e.l.f. products from Santa. So I'm going to pump out these e.l.f. reviews one after another until they are done.
So let's get started! I got two e.l.f. Essential Lipsticks in my stocking. The first is Fearless which is a bright red color, the other is Sociable which is a bright pink. According to the packaging this lipsticks provides long lasting color and shine; hydrates, conditions and softens on contact; and soothes and smooths lips.
 Disclaimer: I purchased this product with my own funds, I am not being paid or compensated by the company in question. My opinions are entirely my own.
Okay, the packaging. I like the overall design and color theme going on here, it's simple but it works. Love that there's a sticker on the bottom that tells me the color and I can see the color through the clear plastic in the middle. Handy if you're digging through your purse, ya know. The downside of the packaging is that it just feels cheap. And the lipstick inside Sociable was actually put in improperly and it scrapes on the side of the packaging. But at $1 USD a piece, I can overlook that.
Fearless
Sociable
As you can see, I have Fearless on the left and Sociable on the right. I found them to both be quite pigmented and vivid. They have a satin finish and are quite creamy. I found them to be easy to apply and they look really nice.
Fearless
Sociable
I like both colors a lot, they look exactly as I expected them to. I am favoring Fearless right now, but red is probably my favorite lip color. And I am definitely going to be purchasing more of these lipsticks! I mean, at a dollar a pop, how can I not? Great way to branch out with new colors.
And they didn't make my lips dry or chalky either. They really were pretty hydrating. And the colors do last quite some time. They even stained my lips a little.
These lipsticks are a great deal and they are really pretty nice. The packaging is lacking, but I'm okay with that personally. I would highly recommend this product to anyone. So drop me a comment! Which color is your favorite? What are your experiences with this product? Let me know! I hope to hear from some of you. Til next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment